Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Roomies

Hey there fellow blog-stalkers.

I am feeling a little out of kilter today, so I thought I would write about something that makes me happy. This past week, I just moved in with three of my favorite people. I really need this move. Its so nice to be able to come home and be surrounded by people that make you feel loved and needed. I love my girls and am so happy that we have this semester to live together and have fun. Its sad because it feels sort of like the end of an era... One of my roommates is quite possibly going to be married within the next 6-8 months and another has already graduated college and could, at any point, traipse off into the sunset to seek her fortune in PR work. My other friend is very focused on her major but at least I know I have her around for a couple more years.

I have decided this is going to be the best semester ever, purely because of friendship. I am not in school this semester, and I am just working and saving up money for Winter semester. I will have time to focus on my friendships and spending time with some of the people I love the most in this world. I hesitate to say this, because of the possibility that a family member may read this and get the wrong impression, but I really do believe that once you have grown up and left the house, you sort of MAKE your own family. This doesn't detract from the family you were born into, but rather it extends it. I feel I have truly made a family with the people I currently live with. We love each other like sisters and are comfortable enough around each other that we can say what we really feel rather than what we think wants to be heard.

I love that they encourage me to be a better person, whether by dragging my lazy butt to the gym on a daily basis or helping me see that, no... he really ISN'T good for me at all or even holding me and letting me cry on their shoulder when the whole world feels like its crumbling around my ankles.

I guess I am just writing this to say I am happy because even though I am sort of stuck in a situation that makes me feel lost and vulnerable, I have my sisters around me, helping me to put things in perspective and see past the dismal present.

I love you three!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Aww I love you! So true, we are each other's family. Y'all pick up the pieces when my mom can't. It is going to be the best year ever! And lets be honest, like I'm ever going to have the balls to go out on my own.

You need to blog more often!

Toni Call said...

You ARE my sister! I don't know what i would do without my Neena. And if things don't work out with DC i'm going to need your shoulder to cry on like crazy. I love you chica!